Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Rap music

Earlier today DJ Evil One was bragging to me about a gig at the Dime in LA and how he got to play real hip hop all night.

It made me think about 5 gems I've got on 12" that I'd love to drop for the right (read: not at an Anchorage club on the weekend) crowd.

Mood - "Karma"

Great Hi-Tek beat from his first crew.


Charizma and Peanut Butter Wolf - "Methods"

Great beat by PB (also w. his first crew) and classic raps by Charizma (RIP).


Hieroglyphics - "The Who (A-Plus remix)"

I listened to the first Hiero album (and mixtapes) almost nonstop as a college freshman.


Slum Village - "Tainted"

Love that SV sound. Note: this was NOT produced by Dilla.


Redman - "Can't Wait"

Rahr Rahr. Reggie Noble rhymes and an assist from Erick Sermon on the beat.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home